wabowlscum.com

100% skateboarding
It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:45 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:18 pm 
Gnarly

Oi Scum! Come down to the Hydey tonight for BONEHOUSE's last gig for a while as Dave (guitar, irishness) is going away for a month or so). And just because they're awesome and, admit it, you have nothing better to do except sit in your underpants and watch archive skate footage on youtube ;)

Tomorrow night a mate from Bamodi who also teaches film at UWA and makes short films is showing one of his flicks at the Astor, shot by himself on the fly about some local musos' time in Tokyo:

Quote:
The independently-produced feature documentary THREE HAMS IN A CAN will be premiering at the Revelation Perth International Film Festival, which runs from July 2-12. The film will be screening twice:

SATURDAY JULY 4, 5.15PM (PREMIERE)
MONDAY JULY 6, 8.45PM

Directed by Kenta McGrath, THREE HAMS IN A CAN observes the everyday goings-on of three Australian noise/pop/avant-garde musicians (Chris Cobilis, Predrag Delibasich, Stina Thomas) during their recent tour of Tokyo. It is part music documentary, part home movie, and part meditation on friendship, loneliness and the strangeness of life.

It's the only WA feature screening at the festival and we'd love a kickass home crowd. It probably won't screen again in Perth for quite sometime so don't miss out!

Tickets can now be purchased from the Revelation website or Planet Video, and will be available from the Astor from June 25.

www.threehamsinacan.com
www.revelationfilmfest.org

It's gonna be a lot more real than any hollywood crap you will see on a screen, plus you'll be supporting supporting local artists by coming along, so come share my popcorn! (P.S. i don't like popcorn and even if i did i wouldn't share it with YOU.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:44 am 
Ripper

Missed that one!! , But have seen bonehouse a heap of times and man they rule!!! So many good bands in this state and 80% of people will wait for an overrated, over priced,past there sell buy date band to roll into town from overseas.When we have bands like Bone house on our door step.Im sorry truth hurts!! Rant over how was the show wise guy?? I also missed 3 hams in a can ,Which sucks i know pex and kenta from the amazing bamodi and really wanted to see this. Although i caught a few films at rev this year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:50 am 
Gnarly

I couldn't fuckin' agree with you more Taff, well said! Replying a bit late, but yeah, that gig was fun. There weren't many ppl by the end so i started singing Full Metal Mullet backup vocs, lol. Dave threw got up on the bar to shred and ended up jumping over the drumkit at Sam, plus he threw his guitar again and it came out a little worse for wear this time, silly git, lol. Hams was cool also, there were so many ppl there i had to sit on teh floor in the isle, which is great.

Bamodi are playing again soon!

http://www.facebook.com/n/?event.php&eid=108994916174&mid=ca9eb7G25b10380G20ef972G7

I should've posted something about Soundstorm at Mojo's, but i ended up going to the Kill Devils gig there the night before and having a big night in that night instead ;)