wabowlscum.com

100% skateboarding
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:37 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Suicidal Street Team?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:44 pm 
Ripper

Hey Jon, those flowerpot heads Devo would have been interested to know about what your recent Days in the Garden. :)

A band that has already taken steps to encourage radical progression is Suicidal Tendencies.
At the Infectious Grooves gig, Mike Muir sent out a bigup to the Suicidal Steet Team, but said he would have liked to have seen a S.S.T stall much like the Beer Fridge stall.
At the Suicidal Tendencies gig at the Amplifier (a year earlier) he was selling loads of merch himself and at Soundwave; T-Shirts were available at a stall. I got the feeling he had more than T-Shirts available (shirts, bandanas, stickers, hoodies and caps probably).
I know there is a Suicidal Aussie Street Team site, and have signed in at the guestbook a few times, but have not gone as far as joining the forum.
If you think it sounds interesting to put on a demo or a stall at a concert, you should probably join this site and find out more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:56 pm 
Ripper

I went to the main S.T site and found this tipbit of information;
Quote:
BACK IN STOCK...
Possessed to skate, Suicidal Skate design shirt! Originally made in the early 80's, we've now brought back this classic multi color design. Four colors to choose from and also available in 3/4 sleeve raglan jersey. Later we'll be bringing back the Suicidal Skates deck in old school shape, modern shape and long board....should be available by summer.

Could not find out about the rest of the Infectious Grooves tour though. They were billed to play The Static Chamber in Chernobyl and finish in Sumatra in Indonesia. I think gigs like these would make an interesting subject of a holiday! Good reason not to see the next good band (or the last like DEVO) in Perth mabey?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:41 pm 
Ripper

I'll make it easy for ya;
http://www.freewebs.com/aussiesuicidaltendenciesstreetteam/
http://au.geocities.com/milleniumidi/pics.html
If only getting your ears pounded could always be that good!