wabowlscum.com

100% skateboarding
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:58 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: New to the scum
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:05 pm 

The Intro,
Hello to all skaters . Im DJ the canuk living in WA. Been here 11 years and started skating about a year ago after 12 year break. I love the scum site( great pics!!!) Must be in heaven , finding so much scum that luv riding tranies!! I skate local at falcon soon to visit the bowls/ parks of perth. Hoping to catch up and get to know some dudes whom love to skate as much as me. I have 10 acers south of Mandurah, in the midts of building a 6ft x 16ft ramp, then going to extend it another 16ft and tombstone @ 9ft. Would like to turn the place into a regular sesson for the Bro's any input would be great!!! I want to turn it into a place that mates can camp and skate, bbq and drink piss!!!!( any tradies or materials would help)
If you see me around in the future, introduce yourself ! "four wheels are freedom"!!! Jonesy

Post subject: Re: New to the scum
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:40 pm 
Ripper

welcome. keep an eye on the hook-ups thread and introduce yourself sometime.

Bit quiet at the moment with people changing work commitments, having babies etc... but we are rolling in some form or
another all the time.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:09 am 
Ripper

Welcome Westbeach, liking the sound of the ramps near Mandurah. Sounds like WA"s answer to Skateopia 8) We've got some indoor stuff not to far from you for the winter as well.

Best bet as Crusty says is to get along to some sessions and say hello. There's a few tradies amongst us so I'm sure you won't have any trouble getting some extra hands for the ramps. I'm not far away and always willing to help out.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:37 pm 

Thanx for the intros!!
I on the hunt for patio tube to finish the flat!!, then apply first layer of ply. Any thoughts on top coat IE: masonite vs Ply, let me know . Away offshore for 28days then back to construct, thanxs for the feed bay cuzz!! Like i said before want to make the place we can all enjoy!!. cheers jonesy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:47 am 
Ripper

masonite is pretty slippery and will get wrecked in rain if the ramp is outside. If its inside, when you skate it it might create dust and just become a pain in the arse. you can get patio tube from bunnings, i think its about 60 bucks or something

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:32 am 
Ripper

I'd agree with J&C, masonite can be problematic. Marine ply's the go if you can get it a decent price or borrow it somehow ;-) If not just use external ply and cover it up when it rains.

Look forward to seeing it come together!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:33 am 

Ya i have to agree. Just going to do two layers of regular plywood. I have a huge tuck tarp to protec it in winter. Can't wait myself!!!!!